Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Shipt Rejected Me. WTH?

I am sorry but when you read an ad to work for Shipt, you don't think it will be all that hard to get hired. . It is not rocket science. It is delivering groceries for Pete's sake. Granted, it is a nice service and all that. But how hard can it be? I am self employed and really could use a flexible part-time job. So Shipt seemed to be the perfect answer. Not only would it benefit me, but I like the idea of helping people out. I envision a lot of the people who use the service might be stay-at-home moms or shut-ins. I like the idea of making their lives easier. I got an invitation to do the on-demand interview, which is just answering some questions online. I know I got two answers wrong, and maybe I missed another one. I just don't know. But, I mean they were just asking questions about items in the store that you could find out once you are there. I got an email later saying that I was not accepted. I was shocked to say the least. I am smart, well educated and friendly. I would be good at that job. Makes me disappointed and wondering if it is ageism?

No comments: